Best Cork Moments
- Cork Worlds 2009 - Headwrecking, exhausting, awesome.
- Éire Óg winning the Junior County Football Championship - The club means more to me than life itself (nearly) and so this was very, very special.
- All-Ireland Hurling Final 2005 - Cork beat Galway. Savage cabbage.
- Heineken Cup Final 2006 final - While this wasn't the Heineken Cup final I was at, the outpouring of joy and relief that came with the 2006 win was unparalleled.
- Urban Family Christmas Party 2007 - The Gilabbey St. one. Epic.
- Philosoph AGM, 157th Session - John's minutes, some minor personal redemption and just a lot of fun.
- ISDA 2010 - It was in Dublin sure, but it was the Cork crew that made it. The Raftery's build was just so intense and so satisfying.
- Grand Slam Match; Ireland v Wales 2008 - Watched it with some good friends while there was much screaming at the TV.
Top Things I'll Miss About Cork
- UCC in March/April - Chillin' out, maxing, relaxing all cool, studying some calculus outside of the Boole. (Yeah, I went there. I'm very tempted to do the whole song...)
- Christmas time around Cork - Christmas time in general is just an amazing time to be around Cork.
- GAA - Nothing in the world comes close to the local passion and pride that is the GAA. I miss being a part of it.
- Philosoph & Dramat - Two great bunches of people that have brought me so much enjoyment and free holidays!
- The Farm - It sounds trite, but the farm at home is part of me. It's been in my family for seven generations and now I leave it. It's sad. Boo.
Things I Won't Miss About Cork
- The unemployment. It sucks
- The rain. Though I suppose London has it's fair share of that too.
One thing that I'll miss is also something I won't miss; I love that I know Cork. I know where things are, I know the general placement of all streets, I just know the city. At the same time too I'm looking forward to having a new place to explore.
So mixed feelings. This is going to be an interesting day.
No comments:
Post a Comment