I have been a stranger in a strange land - Exodus 2.22

Saturday, July 24, 2010

You Want the Bad News or the Good News?

Well, the past day has seen me get some good news and some bad news.

Firstly, the good news. One of my main worries moving over was the physical act of moving all my crap from Cork to London. It was looking like it was going to cost me at least two hundred euro. That's two hundred euro that this destitute could do without spending. Then lo and behold a solution appeared. In conversation with my uncle, my mother mentioned these problems and he very kindly offered space in a van his company has going over to London. All I need to do is buy the cardboard boxes and pack the stuff. The minor downside is that I have to do all my packing by Thursday. Still though that's the price of a TV that I've saved there.

Now for the bad news. I booked my one way flight over last week under the assumption that my siblings that are currently inter-railing would be back in Cork by the 2nd of August. My flight over is flight FR902 from Cork to Stansted at 8:10am on the 4th of August. I found out later in the week that Siobhán is not home until the afternoon of the 3rd and John not until the 4th. So I'm not going to see John until late September now at the earliest. Dose.

Speaking of family, just as I write this, we're about to start the mother of all card games here at home. 110; it's like the more familiar game of 45 on crack. It'll take at least a couple hours before we have a victor. It's more of a game of stamina than skill really. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment