I have been a stranger in a strange land - Exodus 2.22

Monday, July 19, 2010

In Search of a Land of Milk and Honey

At long last, I find myself on the cusp of breaking out of my rut and starting a new life in London. Well, using the word 'new' is a little much seeing as half of Cork seem to have moved over there already. With this new leaf being turned, It thought a new blog chronicling my experiences as an emigrant would be the easiest way for me to update all those left behind on the Emerald Isle once I leave. It'll also help me remember the best of my stories for retelling in years to come.

Right now, I'm a bundle of mixed emotions over the whole leaving the family and friends behind, coupled with the excitement of a new job, a new flat and a new city. There's very little time to be getting sentimental though; I've only two weeks to organise all my crap, and I've a LOT of crap to sort out without evening mentioning the words 'Going Away Party'.

No comments:

Post a Comment