I have been a stranger in a strange land - Exodus 2.22

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Letter R

The small differences are beginning to become more and more clear. The most annoying one currently has to do with the letter R. Now, I have no other idea if other Irish people do this, but I pronounce the letter "r" like the work "or". People over here pronounce it with more or an "ar" sound. This had led to much confusion when I have to spell things out for people.
Also, I don't mean to seem insensitive or come across as having some weird prejudice, but there really seems to be more crazy people over here. Like serious insane, walking down the street, ranting and raving about the colour of the giant winged walrus that's following him around. They also smell odd. Maybe it's just Camden. It does seem to attract a fair few weirdos.

No comments:

Post a Comment